Tuesday 3 February 2015

Just off down the road to the Coalsack

That small black smudge.

It always seems to catch my eye: breaking up the bright galactic lens as it does. A blemish on my cockpit that needs buffing off.

I can't though. It just isn't within easy reach.

Curiosity takes hold and something primitive awakens in my soul. A wanderlust grows to fill my mind. Material goods are traded away to make space for that which fulfils a purpose.

That black smudge now fills the sky.

As the journey has brought me closer I've watched the galaxy being eaten from within by that dark space. A mote that has grown to dominate the sky.

Onward now, to enter and explore further. A glance back at the stars behind me, where I've come from, and where I call home. One more jump and they're gone, engulfed by that smudge.

I don't think I have ever felt so alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment